They say that Ignorance is Bliss, and it’s true, as long as your idea of bliss is being ignorant. The rest of us prefer our music mind-expanding, not mind-shortening; in other words, we prefer REKS. For his latest song selection the Boston emcee links up with the increasingly ever-present Numonics for a beat that’s simultaneously jazzy, bouncy and faintly menacing, giving REKS a dope canvas to paint his always complex wordplay on. With the always dependably ill Termanology jumping on board (what up Lawrence, MA?) for a tightly wound guest verse, I’ve got a feeling that REKS upcoming collaborative album with Numonics, REBELutionary, is going to prove to be blissfully intelligent when it drops July 24.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)