They say that Ignorance is Bliss, and it’s true, as long as your idea of bliss is being ignorant. The rest of us prefer our music mind-expanding, not mind-shortening; in other words, we prefer REKS. For his latest song selection the Boston emcee links up with the increasingly ever-present Numonics for a beat that’s simultaneously jazzy, bouncy and faintly menacing, giving REKS a dope canvas to paint his always complex wordplay on. With the always dependably ill Termanology jumping on board (what up Lawrence, MA?) for a tightly wound guest verse, I’ve got a feeling that REKS upcoming collaborative album with Numonics, REBELutionary, is going to prove to be blissfully intelligent when it drops July 24.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.