We all know that the revolution will not be televised, but how will it sound? At the very least Boston native REKS has an idea of what it should sound like, and that’s why he has named his upcoming digital album Revolution Cocktail. Although he’s delayed the release until Febuary 26, we have his latest offering, I Remember, featuring the always solid Rapper Big Pooh and produced by A3, who contributes a smooth, soul sample-laced ode to personal nostalgia. This kind of suavity might not be the sound we tend to associate with anarchy, but there’s nothing wrong with taking a moment every now and then to get your old man two-step on. If you’re feeling I Remember, be sure to check out Revolution Cocktail, out via iTunes later this month.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.