We all know that the revolution will not be televised, but how will it sound? At the very least Boston native REKS has an idea of what it should sound like, and that’s why he has named his upcoming digital album Revolution Cocktail. Although he’s delayed the release until Febuary 26, we have his latest offering, I Remember, featuring the always solid Rapper Big Pooh and produced by A3, who contributes a smooth, soul sample-laced ode to personal nostalgia. This kind of suavity might not be the sound we tend to associate with anarchy, but there’s nothing wrong with taking a moment every now and then to get your old man two-step on. If you’re feeling I Remember, be sure to check out Revolution Cocktail, out via iTunes later this month.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.