We all know that the revolution will not be televised, but how will it sound? At the very least Boston native REKS has an idea of what it should sound like, and that’s why he has named his upcoming digital album Revolution Cocktail. Although he’s delayed the release until Febuary 26, we have his latest offering, I Remember, featuring the always solid Rapper Big Pooh and produced by A3, who contributes a smooth, soul sample-laced ode to personal nostalgia. This kind of suavity might not be the sound we tend to associate with anarchy, but there’s nothing wrong with taking a moment every now and then to get your old man two-step on. If you’re feeling I Remember, be sure to check out Revolution Cocktail, out via iTunes later this month.
Written by Stephanie Vaughn on 02/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.