On REKS’ junior album, the hip-hop purist revealed that the game had left him with a few Grey Hairs, and his senior set saw him sprouting more of the same. Whether the emcee’s feeling a little less stressed or has simply discovered hair dye, though, he’s going back to R.E.K.S. (Rhythmatic Eternal King of Suspense) for album number five. This past week, the Boston-area native went to the studio to record one of the standout tracks off the first-quarter 2010 release; That’s What’s Up finds him teaming up with fellow Northeast underground stalwart Bossman over a Statik Selektah-produced instrumental that sounds like the East Coast beatsmith’s hopeful contribution to Detox. Bossman sums it up best: “F*ck a ‘So So Def’, bring the noise to ya ear!” Now That’s What’s Up!
Written by Burmy on 08/27/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.