On REKS’ junior album, the hip-hop purist revealed that the game had left him with a few Grey Hairs, and his senior set saw him sprouting more of the same. Whether the emcee’s feeling a little less stressed or has simply discovered hair dye, though, he’s going back to R.E.K.S. (Rhythmatic Eternal King of Suspense) for album number five. This past week, the Boston-area native went to the studio to record one of the standout tracks off the first-quarter 2010 release; That’s What’s Up finds him teaming up with fellow Northeast underground stalwart Bossman over a Statik Selektah-produced instrumental that sounds like the East Coast beatsmith’s hopeful contribution to Detox. Bossman sums it up best: “F*ck a ‘So So Def’, bring the noise to ya ear!” Now That’s What’s Up!
Written by Burmy on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)