On REKS’ junior album, the hip-hop purist revealed that the game had left him with a few Grey Hairs, and his senior set saw him sprouting more of the same. Whether the emcee’s feeling a little less stressed or has simply discovered hair dye, though, he’s going back to R.E.K.S. (Rhythmatic Eternal King of Suspense) for album number five. This past week, the Boston-area native went to the studio to record one of the standout tracks off the first-quarter 2010 release; That’s What’s Up finds him teaming up with fellow Northeast underground stalwart Bossman over a Statik Selektah-produced instrumental that sounds like the East Coast beatsmith’s hopeful contribution to Detox. Bossman sums it up best: “F*ck a ‘So So Def’, bring the noise to ya ear!” Now That’s What’s Up!
Written by Burmy on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.