A major part of hip-hop fandom is paying homage to the fallen legends. Knowing this, Boston rapper REKS has decided to give his listeners an All In One package with 5 Mics. With M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame as his hypeman, REKS follows a brief intro by channeling the styles of fallen soldiers from the West Coast (2Pac), Brooklyn (Biggie), Bronx (Big Pun), and Harlem (Big L). With Blaze P‘s street-ready beat and Statik Selektah‘s classic scratches, All In One (5 Mics) will no doubt be a favorite among all who honor the legends. His sophomore album, Grey Hairs, will be released July 22 and should attract a strong underground/old school following.
Written by Burmy on 07/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.