A major part of hip-hop fandom is paying homage to the fallen legends. Knowing this, Boston rapper REKS has decided to give his listeners an All In One package with 5 Mics. With M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame as his hypeman, REKS follows a brief intro by channeling the styles of fallen soldiers from the West Coast (2Pac), Brooklyn (Biggie), Bronx (Big Pun), and Harlem (Big L). With Blaze P‘s street-ready beat and Statik Selektah‘s classic scratches, All In One (5 Mics) will no doubt be a favorite among all who honor the legends. His sophomore album, Grey Hairs, will be released July 22 and should attract a strong underground/old school following.
Written by Burmy on 07/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.