A major part of hip-hop fandom is paying homage to the fallen legends. Knowing this, Boston rapper REKS has decided to give his listeners an All In One package with 5 Mics. With M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame as his hypeman, REKS follows a brief intro by channeling the styles of fallen soldiers from the West Coast (2Pac), Brooklyn (Biggie), Bronx (Big Pun), and Harlem (Big L). With Blaze P‘s street-ready beat and Statik Selektah‘s classic scratches, All In One (5 Mics) will no doubt be a favorite among all who honor the legends. His sophomore album, Grey Hairs, will be released July 22 and should attract a strong underground/old school following.
Written by Burmy on 07/14/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)