A major part of hip-hop fandom is paying homage to the fallen legends. Knowing this, Boston rapper REKS has decided to give his listeners an All In One package with 5 Mics. With M.O.P.‘s Lil Fame as his hypeman, REKS follows a brief intro by channeling the styles of fallen soldiers from the West Coast (2Pac), Brooklyn (Biggie), Bronx (Big Pun), and Harlem (Big L). With Blaze P‘s street-ready beat and Statik Selektah‘s classic scratches, All In One (5 Mics) will no doubt be a favorite among all who honor the legends. His sophomore album, Grey Hairs, will be released July 22 and should attract a strong underground/old school following.
Written by Burmy on 07/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)