It’s easy to stay on the straight and narrow when you’re living a life of privilege. In the trap, on the other hand, it’s a daily battle to stay out of the Devils Clutches. On a new single off his forthcoming full-length, REKS tells the story of a young man who fell victim, like so many others before him, to the promise of an easy way out of the ‘hood. Booth-approved beatsmith Hazardis Soundz provides a tension-fraught, arpeggiated-key instrumental to back the Boston rhymesayer’s cautionary tale, and DJ Heron mans the wheels of steel, flipping thematically-appropriate samples from Nas’ It’s Mine and One Love on the record’s hook. Eyes Watching God isn’t set to drop till early 2013, but those craving more fresh tunes from REKS can find what they seek on recent projects Straight, No Chaser (with Statik Selektah) and Rebelutionary (with Numonics).
Written by richard on 10/15/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.