Though winter is the coldest time of the year, there are many ways to make the best of its chilly few months. Some use the holiday season to become closer to their families, while others can’t wait to go outside to start a snow fight. REKS, however, whiles away his winter hours musically addressing some of the most serious issues of the day. On Dear Winter he reminds listeners that, regardless of the hope that our country is currently suffused with, Bush is still in office and the war in Iraq continues to drag on, over a fittingly introspective beat by Timeline. With so much on his mind, it’s no wonder that REKS has sprouted a few More Grey Hairs. Witty wordplay and relevant lyrics aside, the east coast native continues to ask pertinent questions that need to be addressed not only by the mainstream music industry, but by the people in charge of the nation.
Listen to More: REKS
Written by Carly on 11/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.