REKS is no newcomer to The DJBooth. After being featured on the site 30+ times in the last year, and already a handful of few times thus far in 2013, he’s back with another new song. This time the Boston native brings us Ahead Of My Time, featuring C-Scharp and an extremely smooth beat courtesy of ATG. Rightfully titled Ahead Of My Time, lyrically the track encapsulates REKS’ struggles with a perfect line from a famous quote from the New York Times saying, “For every Michael Jordan born, there’s an Earl Manigault,” as the emcee goes on say that he took the fall for other artists like Nas, or even Biggie, who would be considered the “Neo’s of the Matrix” in the rap game. Sh*t’s deep. It may take you a few listens, but once you understand the meaning behind his lyrics it will amaze you. Expect more hard hitting, deep thinking hip-hop when REKS’ latest album, Revolution Cocktail, arrives on January 22.
Written by Jordon Norris on 01/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"How Can It Be" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.