Considering the Boston rhymesayer’s first and to date only Booth feature, the highly-acclaimed Don’t Wanna Hear It, arrived on our front page almost exactly a year ago, you shouldn’t feel too bad if the name Reject doesn’t ring any bells. And if it does, that’s a damn fine memory you’ve got there—want to count cards for me on my next trip to Vegas? Either way, a listen to new promo single Go to Sleep should be just the thing to wake you up to the Boston representative’s uniquely dope brand of underground fire. Vherbal handles production duties, flipping Sons of Champlin’s psychedelic funk opus You Can Fly into a melodically gritty backdrop for mind-expanding bars from the headliner and a few equally venturesome homies. After Reject’s engagingly paranoid opener, fellow Boston underground mainstay Slaine grabs the mic to chronicle how he stopped worrying and learned to love drug-induced psychosis. Garden State newcomer MaddMaxx brings up the rear, drawing on Greek mythology in an inspired closing 16. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked; now that he’s made his grand re-entrance, I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Reject in the near future…
Written by richard on 05/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dont Wanna Hear It" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.