Now this is what should be playing in the speakers when I run into work, teeth glaring, name tag polished and ready to do work on some TPS reports. Everyone should have a Battle Cry, and if you don’t, The Regiment’s just provided one. This high-energy offering is their latest single since signing with HiPNOTT Records and may be proof that the Detroit duo is due for big things in the industry. With Apollo Brown on the boards, The Regiment spit on the meaning of hip-hop and the reason why they’re so dope with lines like “lyrics be like sitcoms/ samples Brady Bunch meet the Good Times”. While some ears my disagree with the variety of eclectic noises going on in this one, I can’t think of a better way to get an adrenaline boost through my headphones than with a good ol’ fashioned Battle Cry. If you need another reason to wild out, be sure to check out their latest mixtape, Back to Lyrics (Feb. 9 via KevinNottingham.com) and album, Panic Button (summer of ’11), when they respectively drop.
Written by Sigurd on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.