Now this is what should be playing in the speakers when I run into work, teeth glaring, name tag polished and ready to do work on some TPS reports. Everyone should have a Battle Cry, and if you don’t, The Regiment’s just provided one. This high-energy offering is their latest single since signing with HiPNOTT Records and may be proof that the Detroit duo is due for big things in the industry. With Apollo Brown on the boards, The Regiment spit on the meaning of hip-hop and the reason why they’re so dope with lines like “lyrics be like sitcoms/ samples Brady Bunch meet the Good Times”. While some ears my disagree with the variety of eclectic noises going on in this one, I can’t think of a better way to get an adrenaline boost through my headphones than with a good ol’ fashioned Battle Cry. If you need another reason to wild out, be sure to check out their latest mixtape, Back to Lyrics (Feb. 9 via KevinNottingham.com) and album, Panic Button (summer of ’11), when they respectively drop.
Written by Sigurd on 01/18/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)