Now this is what should be playing in the speakers when I run into work, teeth glaring, name tag polished and ready to do work on some TPS reports. Everyone should have a Battle Cry, and if you don’t, The Regiment’s just provided one. This high-energy offering is their latest single since signing with HiPNOTT Records and may be proof that the Detroit duo is due for big things in the industry. With Apollo Brown on the boards, The Regiment spit on the meaning of hip-hop and the reason why they’re so dope with lines like “lyrics be like sitcoms/ samples Brady Bunch meet the Good Times”. While some ears my disagree with the variety of eclectic noises going on in this one, I can’t think of a better way to get an adrenaline boost through my headphones than with a good ol’ fashioned Battle Cry. If you need another reason to wild out, be sure to check out their latest mixtape, Back to Lyrics (Feb. 9 via KevinNottingham.com) and album, Panic Button (summer of ’11), when they respectively drop.
Written by Sigurd on 01/18/11
Soul Tools Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Old School Vibe" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.