I know artists hate comparisons, but right off the bat I’m hearing Reggie Coby and just thinking he oozes classic down south swagger (which isn’t a bad thing at all) and his voice is reminiscent of ATL legend Big Boi. After listening to his latest effort, Go Away, off of his forthcoming project, W420 Radio, I hear that he goes much deeper than the initial geographic stereotype. The Texas native’s voice creates a strong presence throughout, especially when backed by some serious wordplay and great self-production (who caught the J. Cole sample?). It may not have been Lupe Fiasco deep, but never say rappers from the South can’t rhyme. Fans can check out Reggie performing with his clique the LOEGZ at this year’s A3C Festival, and watch The DJBooth for the release of W420 Radio sometime next year.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.