I know artists hate comparisons, but right off the bat I’m hearing Reggie Coby and just thinking he oozes classic down south swagger (which isn’t a bad thing at all) and his voice is reminiscent of ATL legend Big Boi. After listening to his latest effort, Go Away, off of his forthcoming project, W420 Radio, I hear that he goes much deeper than the initial geographic stereotype. The Texas native’s voice creates a strong presence throughout, especially when backed by some serious wordplay and great self-production (who caught the J. Cole sample?). It may not have been Lupe Fiasco deep, but never say rappers from the South can’t rhyme. Fans can check out Reggie performing with his clique the LOEGZ at this year’s A3C Festival, and watch The DJBooth for the release of W420 Radio sometime next year.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.