I know artists hate comparisons, but right off the bat I’m hearing Reggie Coby and just thinking he oozes classic down south swagger (which isn’t a bad thing at all) and his voice is reminiscent of ATL legend Big Boi. After listening to his latest effort, Go Away, off of his forthcoming project, W420 Radio, I hear that he goes much deeper than the initial geographic stereotype. The Texas native’s voice creates a strong presence throughout, especially when backed by some serious wordplay and great self-production (who caught the J. Cole sample?). It may not have been Lupe Fiasco deep, but never say rappers from the South can’t rhyme. Fans can check out Reggie performing with his clique the LOEGZ at this year’s A3C Festival, and watch The DJBooth for the release of W420 Radio sometime next year.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 09/30/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.