Heads who have followed the careers of Philadelphia emcee Reef The Lost Cauze or Queensbridge veteran Big Noyd hardly need to be told what the Northeastern underground mainstays stand for. Fortunately for those behind the curve, however, Reef takes this newly-released lead single (and first feature as a headliner) as an opportunity to bring the uninformed up to speed: “We’re from the slums, the gutter, the ghetto, the dirt… what you expect, it’s What We Rep.” Backed by the gritty but tuneful soul-sampled boardwork of No Love beatsmith J-$crilla, the collaborators pay tribute to their home streets in chilled-out but aggressive verses loaded with hard-nosed braggadocio and trash talk. Like what you’re hearing? You can find plenty more of Reef’s raw and uncut rhymes, along with the hard-hitting production stylings of $crilla and Stu Banga (together known as Guns-N-Butter) on aptly-named full-length Fight Music, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers June 8.
Written by richard on 05/17/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.