Heads who have followed the careers of Philadelphia emcee Reef The Lost Cauze or Queensbridge veteran Big Noyd hardly need to be told what the Northeastern underground mainstays stand for. Fortunately for those behind the curve, however, Reef takes this newly-released lead single (and first feature as a headliner) as an opportunity to bring the uninformed up to speed: “We’re from the slums, the gutter, the ghetto, the dirt… what you expect, it’s What We Rep.” Backed by the gritty but tuneful soul-sampled boardwork of No Love beatsmith J-$crilla, the collaborators pay tribute to their home streets in chilled-out but aggressive verses loaded with hard-nosed braggadocio and trash talk. Like what you’re hearing? You can find plenty more of Reef’s raw and uncut rhymes, along with the hard-hitting production stylings of $crilla and Stu Banga (together known as Guns-N-Butter) on aptly-named full-length Fight Music, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers June 8.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!