Heads who have followed the careers of Philadelphia emcee Reef The Lost Cauze or Queensbridge veteran Big Noyd hardly need to be told what the Northeastern underground mainstays stand for. Fortunately for those behind the curve, however, Reef takes this newly-released lead single (and first feature as a headliner) as an opportunity to bring the uninformed up to speed: “We’re from the slums, the gutter, the ghetto, the dirt… what you expect, it’s What We Rep.” Backed by the gritty but tuneful soul-sampled boardwork of No Love beatsmith J-$crilla, the collaborators pay tribute to their home streets in chilled-out but aggressive verses loaded with hard-nosed braggadocio and trash talk. Like what you’re hearing? You can find plenty more of Reef’s raw and uncut rhymes, along with the hard-hitting production stylings of $crilla and Stu Banga (together known as Guns-N-Butter) on aptly-named full-length Fight Music, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers June 8.
Written by richard on 05/17/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.