I just got done name-dropping Pink Floyd in my review of J The S’ Wish You Were Here, and now I find Redman sampling the stoner favorites’ Money in his latest single – could it be a message from the divine? Uh, probably not. In any case, the Dark Side of the Moon classic’s iconic sound-effects are a perfect fit for Money on My Mind, the latest single off the Def Squad alum’s seventh solo album. Backed by Chris “Max” Pinset‘s bass-heavy, slow-rolling boardwork, Red expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar, beautiful women and huge rims (in that order). Though the themes are as old as time itself, Red’s allusive rhymes don’t disappoint – here, the veteran emcee works everyone from Sade to Michael Jai White into his blunted verses. Red’s Reggie LP (formerly known as Reggie Noble “0” 9 ½) has been pushed back from March 30 to a yet-unannounced date this summer, but those disappointed can take comfort in the fact that the emcee will be contributing to our exclusive freestyle series before spring’s end – as always, keep it locked!
Written by richard on 03/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.