I just got done name-dropping Pink Floyd in my review of J The S’ Wish You Were Here, and now I find Redman sampling the stoner favorites’ Money in his latest single – could it be a message from the divine? Uh, probably not. In any case, the Dark Side of the Moon classic’s iconic sound-effects are a perfect fit for Money on My Mind, the latest single off the Def Squad alum’s seventh solo album. Backed by Chris “Max” Pinset‘s bass-heavy, slow-rolling boardwork, Red expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar, beautiful women and huge rims (in that order). Though the themes are as old as time itself, Red’s allusive rhymes don’t disappoint – here, the veteran emcee works everyone from Sade to Michael Jai White into his blunted verses. Red’s Reggie LP (formerly known as Reggie Noble “0” 9 ½) has been pushed back from March 30 to a yet-unannounced date this summer, but those disappointed can take comfort in the fact that the emcee will be contributing to our exclusive freestyle series before spring’s end – as always, keep it locked!
Listen to More: Redman
Written by richard on 03/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.