I just got done name-dropping Pink Floyd in my review of J The S’ Wish You Were Here, and now I find Redman sampling the stoner favorites’ Money in his latest single – could it be a message from the divine? Uh, probably not. In any case, the Dark Side of the Moon classic’s iconic sound-effects are a perfect fit for Money on My Mind, the latest single off the Def Squad alum’s seventh solo album. Backed by Chris “Max” Pinset‘s bass-heavy, slow-rolling boardwork, Red expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar, beautiful women and huge rims (in that order). Though the themes are as old as time itself, Red’s allusive rhymes don’t disappoint – here, the veteran emcee works everyone from Sade to Michael Jai White into his blunted verses. Red’s Reggie LP (formerly known as Reggie Noble “0” 9 ½) has been pushed back from March 30 to a yet-unannounced date this summer, but those disappointed can take comfort in the fact that the emcee will be contributing to our exclusive freestyle series before spring’s end – as always, keep it locked!
Written by richard on 03/4/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)