I just got done name-dropping Pink Floyd in my review of J The S’ Wish You Were Here, and now I find Redman sampling the stoner favorites’ Money in his latest single – could it be a message from the divine? Uh, probably not. In any case, the Dark Side of the Moon classic’s iconic sound-effects are a perfect fit for Money on My Mind, the latest single off the Def Squad alum’s seventh solo album. Backed by Chris “Max” Pinset‘s bass-heavy, slow-rolling boardwork, Red expresses his affection for the Almighty Dollar, beautiful women and huge rims (in that order). Though the themes are as old as time itself, Red’s allusive rhymes don’t disappoint – here, the veteran emcee works everyone from Sade to Michael Jai White into his blunted verses. Red’s Reggie LP (formerly known as Reggie Noble “0” 9 ½) has been pushed back from March 30 to a yet-unannounced date this summer, but those disappointed can take comfort in the fact that the emcee will be contributing to our exclusive freestyle series before spring’s end – as always, keep it locked!
Listen to More: Redman
Written by richard on 03/4/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.