Redman has been that something that’s been missing from hip-hop lately; goofy, dope punch lines with a resonating voice and flow to accompany it. With the Funk Docta Spoc’s new album on its way, the weed-smoking, rap-loving world is ready to welcome back one of its favorite emcees to the scene. On the emcee’s latest album leak, entitled Lights, Camera, Action, Redman showcases battle-ready bars to an army of eager fans. However, the comic vibe that one might expect is almost completely missing, as Red speaks largely on political issues (seriously!). Don’t be confused though - he still throws in a couple of nasty one-liners: “Yeah I know Bush may be our President, one tough act to follow/ Watch the Lewinsky’s, who just wanna swallow.” The production is very catchy as well, as longtime collaborator Rockwilder implements rising synth grooves that only propel Red’s rhymes to higher levels. Trust me, this is going to be one cut that will only grow on you. For more material just like Lights, Camera, be sure to look out for the long-delayed, kind of self-titled Reggie, out December 7.
Written by Jon Garcia on 11/21/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.