Speaking of delayed albums (see today’s feature from Ski Beatz). We featured Coc Back, the first record off Redman’s upcoming album, way back in October of ’09, and since then the project’s seen more changes than Heidi Montag’s face. Why the delay? I have no idea, but if the Brick City emcee’s new single Fly is any indication, Red’s on the hunt for a radio hit. Unlike the relentlessly grimy fare Red’s usually known for, Fly is, shockingly, not a reference to how high the man is, but rather his swaggerish appearance. Producer !llmind, who’s also usually known for far less polished fare like Speakers on Blast, provides the synth-centered beat, and Red responds with verses that are far more money hungry, and yes, auto-tuned, than long time fans are used to hearing from a man who once showed off his frat-house-dirty house on the greatest episode of Cribs ever. But maybe it’s just me; does Redman have a hit on his hands DJBooth members? Regardless, hopefully his forthcoming album Reggie will finally see the light of day on December 7.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.