Speaking of delayed albums (see today’s feature from Ski Beatz). We featured Coc Back, the first record off Redman’s upcoming album, way back in October of ’09, and since then the project’s seen more changes than Heidi Montag’s face. Why the delay? I have no idea, but if the Brick City emcee’s new single Fly is any indication, Red’s on the hunt for a radio hit. Unlike the relentlessly grimy fare Red’s usually known for, Fly is, shockingly, not a reference to how high the man is, but rather his swaggerish appearance. Producer !llmind, who’s also usually known for far less polished fare like Speakers on Blast, provides the synth-centered beat, and Red responds with verses that are far more money hungry, and yes, auto-tuned, than long time fans are used to hearing from a man who once showed off his frat-house-dirty house on the greatest episode of Cribs ever. But maybe it’s just me; does Redman have a hit on his hands DJBooth members? Regardless, hopefully his forthcoming album Reggie will finally see the light of day on December 7.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/22/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Let's Go" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.