In the history of rap, there have been few lines more indelible than the mantra Method Man coined on a certain 1994 single: “Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., Get the Money, dollar dollar bill y’all.” On the first Booth feature from Redlight, the Bristol-based DJ and producer links up with a Wu-Tang vet to craft a cut that echoes the above-mentioned classic’s message, if not its sound. The headliner’s production, a minimal groove built on cavernous, wood block-esque percussion hits and a booming kick, is a far cry from Raekwon‘s usual fare, but that doesn’t stop him from dominating on the mic. In deadpan verses, the Chef invites us to feast our eyes on the luxury goods that surround him, from the Ferrari in his driveway to the Wallies on his feet. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this cut and much more on Red’s 36 EP, scheduled to hit UK stores March 10 via Polydor Records.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.