In the history of rap, there have been few lines more indelible than the mantra Method Man coined on a certain 1994 single: “Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., Get the Money, dollar dollar bill y’all.” On the first Booth feature from Redlight, the Bristol-based DJ and producer links up with a Wu-Tang vet to craft a cut that echoes the above-mentioned classic’s message, if not its sound. The headliner’s production, a minimal groove built on cavernous, wood block-esque percussion hits and a booming kick, is a far cry from Raekwon‘s usual fare, but that doesn’t stop him from dominating on the mic. In deadpan verses, the Chef invites us to feast our eyes on the luxury goods that surround him, from the Ferrari in his driveway to the Wallies on his feet. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this cut and much more on Red’s 36 EP, scheduled to hit UK stores March 10 via Polydor Records.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)