In the history of rap, there have been few lines more indelible than the mantra Method Man coined on a certain 1994 single: “Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M., Get the Money, dollar dollar bill y’all.” On the first Booth feature from Redlight, the Bristol-based DJ and producer links up with a Wu-Tang vet to craft a cut that echoes the above-mentioned classic’s message, if not its sound. The headliner’s production, a minimal groove built on cavernous, wood block-esque percussion hits and a booming kick, is a far cry from Raekwon‘s usual fare, but that doesn’t stop him from dominating on the mic. In deadpan verses, the Chef invites us to feast our eyes on the luxury goods that surround him, from the Ferrari in his driveway to the Wallies on his feet. Feeling it? You’ll be able to find this cut and much more on Red’s 36 EP, scheduled to hit UK stores March 10 via Polydor Records.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.