Are you so miserable at rhyming that you make Waka Flocka look like a paragon of lyricism and technical facility? Not to worry: on his latest feature, Windy City producer Rediculus has enlisted a formidable lineup of guests to offer abject suckers a tutorial on the fundamentals, starting with How to Hold a Mic. OK, to keep it one-hundred, the record is less of a lecture in the art of rhyming than a gauntlet thrown down in front of wack emcees, but aspiring rappers stand to learn quite a bit from the witty, dextrous bars guest emcees Soul Khan, Sadat X and The Daylaborers deliver over the Picture Perfect beatsmith’s boom-bap production. An entertaining, animated video rounds out the package. Fans can find this jam and plenty more Rediculusly dope material on The Morning After – 2012 Remixed and Revisited, released December 10, and available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Submit your Rating
Knowledge Giving Birth Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picture Perfect" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.