Are you so miserable at rhyming that you make Waka Flocka look like a paragon of lyricism and technical facility? Not to worry: on his latest feature, Windy City producer Rediculus has enlisted a formidable lineup of guests to offer abject suckers a tutorial on the fundamentals, starting with How to Hold a Mic. OK, to keep it one-hundred, the record is less of a lecture in the art of rhyming than a gauntlet thrown down in front of wack emcees, but aspiring rappers stand to learn quite a bit from the witty, dextrous bars guest emcees Soul Khan, Sadat X and The Daylaborers deliver over the Picture Perfect beatsmith’s boom-bap production. An entertaining, animated video rounds out the package. Fans can find this jam and plenty more Rediculusly dope material on The Morning After – 2012 Remixed and Revisited, released December 10, and available for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 12/17/12
Knowledge Giving Birth Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Picture Perfect" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.