I was going to kick this blurb off by referencing the popular idea that the gene for red hair is doomed to extinction in the next century or so, but apparently the studies in question are very likely to be bogus. And Redhead is not actually a redhead. The D.C. native is, however, a member of another breed that many, probably incorrectly, believe to be dying out: the gifted emcee. Contrived intro aside, newly-leaked mixtape cut Beasties finds the Booth newcomer killing two birds with one stone, paying tribute to one of the most revered (and funniest) hip-hop groups of all time and making sure everyone knows that he’s “headed to the top” of the music game. Over Elijah the Thief‘s head-nodding, retro-informed boardwork, Redhead combines an engaging, Beastie-esque delivery with his own brand of off-the-cuff braggadocio. Like what you’re hearing? You’re in luck – this is just one of the 17 Random Things Redhead shares on his latest mixtape, available now online.
Listen to More: Redhead
Written by richard on 12/8/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.