I was going to kick this blurb off by referencing the popular idea that the gene for red hair is doomed to extinction in the next century or so, but apparently the studies in question are very likely to be bogus. And Redhead is not actually a redhead. The D.C. native is, however, a member of another breed that many, probably incorrectly, believe to be dying out: the gifted emcee. Contrived intro aside, newly-leaked mixtape cut Beasties finds the Booth newcomer killing two birds with one stone, paying tribute to one of the most revered (and funniest) hip-hop groups of all time and making sure everyone knows that he’s “headed to the top” of the music game. Over Elijah the Thief‘s head-nodding, retro-informed boardwork, Redhead combines an engaging, Beastie-esque delivery with his own brand of off-the-cuff braggadocio. Like what you’re hearing? You’re in luck – this is just one of the 17 Random Things Redhead shares on his latest mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 12/8/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.