I was going to kick this blurb off by referencing the popular idea that the gene for red hair is doomed to extinction in the next century or so, but apparently the studies in question are very likely to be bogus. And Redhead is not actually a redhead. The D.C. native is, however, a member of another breed that many, probably incorrectly, believe to be dying out: the gifted emcee. Contrived intro aside, newly-leaked mixtape cut Beasties finds the Booth newcomer killing two birds with one stone, paying tribute to one of the most revered (and funniest) hip-hop groups of all time and making sure everyone knows that he’s “headed to the top” of the music game. Over Elijah the Thief‘s head-nodding, retro-informed boardwork, Redhead combines an engaging, Beastie-esque delivery with his own brand of off-the-cuff braggadocio. Like what you’re hearing? You’re in luck – this is just one of the 17 Random Things Redhead shares on his latest mixtape, available now online.
Written by richard on 12/8/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.