Redd Hott‘s early work revolved around the violent topics typical of his genre, but, following his uncle’s shooting death, he decided to switch from hard-knock reggae to its feel-good cousin, dancehall. Now, he’s preparing for the release of his debut album, Dreamgirl, which will introduce fans everywhere to his triple-threat versatility on the mic, with the pen, and behind the boards. On the lead single, Redd and Rami Afuni‘s slow-burning instrumental sets a sultry mood as the artist asks the fly-est lady on the dancefloor to (figuratively) spread her wings and Glide For Me. Let’s be honest, though: the real reason this is the first single is because it’s the record with the big-name guest artist, and with Bobby V in DTP-era form on his soulful hook, the hit potential is undeniable. A sultry cut sure to leave clubgoers soaring, Glide should be just the thing to heighten anticipation for Dreamgirl‘s December 15th release.
Written by Burmy on 04/8/09
Submit your Rating
SPCD Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.