Redd Hott‘s early work revolved around the violent topics typical of his genre, but, following his uncle’s shooting death, he decided to switch from hard-knock reggae to its feel-good cousin, dancehall. Now, he’s preparing for the release of his debut album, Dreamgirl, which will introduce fans everywhere to his triple-threat versatility on the mic, with the pen, and behind the boards. On the lead single, Redd and Rami Afuni‘s slow-burning instrumental sets a sultry mood as the artist asks the fly-est lady on the dancefloor to (figuratively) spread her wings and Glide For Me. Let’s be honest, though: the real reason this is the first single is because it’s the record with the big-name guest artist, and with Bobby V in DTP-era form on his soulful hook, the hit potential is undeniable. A sultry cut sure to leave clubgoers soaring, Glide should be just the thing to heighten anticipation for Dreamgirl‘s December 15th release.
Written by Burmy on 04/8/09
SPCD Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.