Redd Hott‘s early work revolved around the violent topics typical of his genre, but, following his uncle’s shooting death, he decided to switch from hard-knock reggae to its feel-good cousin, dancehall. Now, he’s preparing for the release of his debut album, Dreamgirl, which will introduce fans everywhere to his triple-threat versatility on the mic, with the pen, and behind the boards. On the lead single, Redd and Rami Afuni‘s slow-burning instrumental sets a sultry mood as the artist asks the fly-est lady on the dancefloor to (figuratively) spread her wings and Glide For Me. Let’s be honest, though: the real reason this is the first single is because it’s the record with the big-name guest artist, and with Bobby V in DTP-era form on his soulful hook, the hit potential is undeniable. A sultry cut sure to leave clubgoers soaring, Glide should be just the thing to heighten anticipation for Dreamgirl‘s December 15th release.
Written by Burmy on 04/8/09
SPCD Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.