“You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” For those not hip to the sci-fi game, that is a line from The Matrix; it is also where producer Hir-O’s rapping partner, Red Pill, gets his name. Like the pill in The Matrix pill, if you consume Red’s rhymes there is no going back to the world you once knew, filled with meaningless, apathetic hip-hop. Making their Booth debut with title track The Kick, Pill, backed by his beat-making buddy’s crashing, snare-laden boardwork, dons an tenacious, energetic flow validating their stalwart refusal to be defined by the naysayers and those who are not down with the pair’s aggressive style. For more from these hungry Booth newcomers you can purchase their latest album The Kick, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Fat Beats/BLAT! Pack
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.