“You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” For those not hip to the sci-fi game, that is a line from The Matrix; it is also where producer Hir-O’s rapping partner, Red Pill, gets his name. Like the pill in The Matrix pill, if you consume Red’s rhymes there is no going back to the world you once knew, filled with meaningless, apathetic hip-hop. Making their Booth debut with title track The Kick, Pill, backed by his beat-making buddy’s crashing, snare-laden boardwork, dons an tenacious, energetic flow validating their stalwart refusal to be defined by the naysayers and those who are not down with the pair’s aggressive style. For more from these hungry Booth newcomers you can purchase their latest album The Kick, out now.
Fat Beats/BLAT! Pack
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!