“You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” For those not hip to the sci-fi game, that is a line from The Matrix; it is also where producer Hir-O’s rapping partner, Red Pill, gets his name. Like the pill in The Matrix pill, if you consume Red’s rhymes there is no going back to the world you once knew, filled with meaningless, apathetic hip-hop. Making their Booth debut with title track The Kick, Pill, backed by his beat-making buddy’s crashing, snare-laden boardwork, dons an tenacious, energetic flow validating their stalwart refusal to be defined by the naysayers and those who are not down with the pair’s aggressive style. For more from these hungry Booth newcomers you can purchase their latest album The Kick, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats/BLAT! Pack
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.