“You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.” For those not hip to the sci-fi game, that is a line from The Matrix; it is also where producer Hir-O’s rapping partner, Red Pill, gets his name. Like the pill in The Matrix pill, if you consume Red’s rhymes there is no going back to the world you once knew, filled with meaningless, apathetic hip-hop. Making their Booth debut with title track The Kick, Pill, backed by his beat-making buddy’s crashing, snare-laden boardwork, dons an tenacious, energetic flow validating their stalwart refusal to be defined by the naysayers and those who are not down with the pair’s aggressive style. For more from these hungry Booth newcomers you can purchase their latest album The Kick, out now.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/19/13
Submit your Rating
Fat Beats/BLAT! Pack
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.