Red Cafe is arguably one of the game’s best and brightest untapped talents. While unknowing listeners may clump him in with fellow Northeast artists Swizz Beatz and Ron Browz, Cafe continues to make haters sick; for him making music is just So Easy. On the remix of this previously-featured record, producer Big Dev flips an Anita Baker riff and adds some punchy drums, while Cafe, endorsed by Gucci, makes his ascension to the throne in style. With a debonair flair that has grown considerably over the last few years, Red’s verses are both lucid and engaging – a rare combination in hip hop. On January 1, Red will drop his new street album, Transition to Power, a clear-cut sign that this Konvict Muzik emcee knows exactly what he is doing.
The streaming of this feature has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.