Red Cafe is arguably one of the game’s best and brightest untapped talents. While unknowing listeners may clump him in with fellow Northeast artists Swizz Beatz and Ron Browz, Cafe continues to make haters sick; for him making music is just So Easy. On the remix of this previously-featured record, producer Big Dev flips an Anita Baker riff and adds some punchy drums, while Cafe, endorsed by Gucci, makes his ascension to the throne in style. With a debonair flair that has grown considerably over the last few years, Red’s verses are both lucid and engaging – a rare combination in hip hop. On January 1, Red will drop his new street album, Transition to Power, a clear-cut sign that this Konvict Muzik emcee knows exactly what he is doing.
The streaming of this feature has temporarily been suspended.
Listen to More: Red Cafe
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 12/1/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.