Straight off the semi-successful joint release, The Co-Op, with DJ Envy, New York rapper Red Café is preparing 2008 as his official coming out party. On the first buzz single from his Konvict Muzik debut album, Red is all about his money on Paper Touchin’. Instead of recording just one version of the single, twelve regional versions were mixed, mastered and allowed to officially “touch paper.” The possibility for national success can be credited to singer Latif (who recorded each version with different hooks) and producer Zukhan Bey, whose beat has an industrial feel that works in both the clubs and on the streets. Red Café will release The Shakedown sometime in 2008.
Listen to More: Red Cafe
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.