Straight off the semi-successful joint release, The Co-Op, with DJ Envy, New York rapper Red Café is preparing 2008 as his official coming out party. On the first buzz single from his Konvict Muzik debut album, Red is all about his money on Paper Touchin’. Instead of recording just one version of the single, twelve regional versions were mixed, mastered and allowed to officially “touch paper.” The possibility for national success can be credited to singer Latif (who recorded each version with different hooks) and producer Zukhan Bey, whose beat has an industrial feel that works in both the clubs and on the streets. Red Café will release The Shakedown sometime in 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)