Straight off the semi-successful joint release, The Co-Op, with DJ Envy, New York rapper Red Café is preparing 2008 as his official coming out party. On the first buzz single from his Konvict Muzik debut album, Red is all about his money on Paper Touchin’. Instead of recording just one version of the single, twelve regional versions were mixed, mastered and allowed to officially “touch paper.” The possibility for national success can be credited to singer Latif (who recorded each version with different hooks) and producer Zukhan Bey, whose beat has an industrial feel that works in both the clubs and on the streets. Red Café will release The Shakedown sometime in 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.