Straight off the semi-successful joint release, The Co-Op, with DJ Envy, New York rapper Red Café is preparing 2008 as his official coming out party. On the first buzz single from his Konvict Muzik debut album, Red is all about his money on Paper Touchin’. Instead of recording just one version of the single, twelve regional versions were mixed, mastered and allowed to officially “touch paper.” The possibility for national success can be credited to singer Latif (who recorded each version with different hooks) and producer Zukhan Bey, whose beat has an industrial feel that works in both the clubs and on the streets. Red Café will release The Shakedown sometime in 2008.
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.