Straight off the semi-successful joint release, The Co-Op, with DJ Envy, New York rapper Red Café is preparing 2008 as his official coming out party. On the first buzz single from his Konvict Muzik debut album, Red is all about his money on Paper Touchin’. Instead of recording just one version of the single, twelve regional versions were mixed, mastered and allowed to officially “touch paper.” The possibility for national success can be credited to singer Latif (who recorded each version with different hooks) and producer Zukhan Bey, whose beat has an industrial feel that works in both the clubs and on the streets. Red Café will release The Shakedown sometime in 2008.
Listen to More: Red Cafe
Written by DJ Z on 12/25/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.