Money Money Money. The preferred topic of both sports agents and rappers, money, is back as the centerpiece of NY rapper Red Café’s…wait, let me rephrase that…baller-turnt-rapper Red Café’s new single, the latest off his forthcoming Bad Boy debut. Produced by young Philadelphia beat smith Jahlil Beats, Money Money Money is an 808s-laced song perfect for those who routinely walk out the bank at 4 P.M. and blow their withdrawal at the club in the same night. Joining Cafe are both his label boss Diddy and frequent collaborator Fabolous, and while Red definitely holds his ground lyrically, the New York emcee’s leadoff verse is drowned out like a bad swimmer by Loso’s typically punchline-fueled closing verse, and the mogul’s middle verse about throwing “minks to the toddlers.” Classic. Long story short, this joint has what the kids are calling “swag” in its every nook and cranny and it won’t be long before Hot 97 eats it up. Who knows, it might even earn Café a title and release date for that debut album of his.
Written by Quentin Cuff on 08/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.