Though occasional guest appearances have kept Red Cafe on the Booth’s radar, his last full-blown feature came way back in August of 2012, when he hooked up with Young Jeezy to bring us Champagne for the Pain. Today, the NYC mainstay returns to update us on the state of his pocketbook with a promo single bearing the self-explanatory title “I’m Rich.” Over Young Chop‘s springy synth-string arpeggios and clicking hi-hats, Cafe assures listeners that his pockets are still on swole, despite his habit of blowing paper on whips, cribs, designer clothes and other luxury goods. Bad Boy labelmate French Montana and YMCMB signee Ace Hood contribute high-rolling guest verses, and R&B hitmaker Jeremih caps the record off with a smooth, sung-rapped closing 16. This caked-up cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but Red Cafe fans can look forward to more fresh material later this year, when his American Psycho 2 mixtape hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)