Though occasional guest appearances have kept Red Cafe on the Booth’s radar, his last full-blown feature came way back in August of 2012, when he hooked up with Young Jeezy to bring us Champagne for the Pain. Today, the NYC mainstay returns to update us on the state of his pocketbook with a promo single bearing the self-explanatory title “I’m Rich.” Over Young Chop‘s springy synth-string arpeggios and clicking hi-hats, Cafe assures listeners that his pockets are still on swole, despite his habit of blowing paper on whips, cribs, designer clothes and other luxury goods. Bad Boy labelmate French Montana and YMCMB signee Ace Hood contribute high-rolling guest verses, and R&B hitmaker Jeremih caps the record off with a smooth, sung-rapped closing 16. This caked-up cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but Red Cafe fans can look forward to more fresh material later this year, when his American Psycho 2 mixtape hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.