Though occasional guest appearances have kept Red Cafe on the Booth’s radar, his last full-blown feature came way back in August of 2012, when he hooked up with Young Jeezy to bring us Champagne for the Pain. Today, the NYC mainstay returns to update us on the state of his pocketbook with a promo single bearing the self-explanatory title “I’m Rich.” Over Young Chop‘s springy synth-string arpeggios and clicking hi-hats, Cafe assures listeners that his pockets are still on swole, despite his habit of blowing paper on whips, cribs, designer clothes and other luxury goods. Bad Boy labelmate French Montana and YMCMB signee Ace Hood contribute high-rolling guest verses, and R&B hitmaker Jeremih caps the record off with a smooth, sung-rapped closing 16. This caked-up cut isn’t attached to a larger set, but Red Cafe fans can look forward to more fresh material later this year, when his American Psycho 2 mixtape hits the ‘net for free download.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.