For fourteen years, Red Cafe has been trying to drop his debut album, bouncing around from Arista to Capitol to RCA to his current home of Kon Live/Interscope, but never quite getting a disc released (unless you count his DJ Envy team-up, The Co-Op). The Brooklyn resident got a huge boost this year, however, with his role as underground rapper Primo (the first to meet rap battle defeat at Biggie‘s hands) in Notorious. Now set to drop his street album, Transition to Power, this spring, Red brings the first (and likely only) official single from that set. Even without an album out, Red boasts about being the Hottest In The Hood over a Reefa beat. The biggest attention-getter is towards the end, when Red shouts out “Street Fidda-didda-dam!” (the catchphrase for Fabolous’ Street Family label). Has there been yet another label switcheroo for Red Cafe? Stay tuned…
Listen to More: Red Cafe
Written by Burmy on 01/26/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.