Already a victim of the RCA, Arista, and Capitol chopping blocks, Red Cafe has just experienced another label switcheroo—well, sort of. At the Core DJ Retreat in Atlanta, Red teamed up with Diddy and Akon to announce that he had left Interscope. Though he’s still represented by Konvict Muzik, the Brooklynite is now signed to a joint deal with Bad Boy Records (and its Atlantic distribution) to release his debut album, still tentatively titled The Shakedown. To help celebrate, Cafe has unleashed the official remix to his latest street single, Hottest In Da Hood. Though the original‘s chorus, as well as Reefa‘s beat are retained, this version features an extra dash of star power. After a few semi-irritating shout-outs from Diddy, Cafe steps up to the mic for a new intro verse. Jadakiss keeps the heat up with his deadpan contribution, which is followed by a shared verse from Rick Ross and Fabolous. Though some might call OJ Da Juiceman‘s closing contribution underwhelming, his presence simply extends the appeal from the Northeast to the Dirty South—hopefully, that’ll help Cafe expand his reach and grow closer to that ever-elusive debut release.
Written by Burmy on 04/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.