While Konvict Muzik label mates Dolla and Colby O’Donis enjoy their spots on the current Billboard Hot 100, Red Café is setting the rap scene on fire thanks to The Shakedown‘s first official single, Paper Touchin’. Anxious to make more of that paper, the Bed-Stuy native has released a remix with a few of his fellow New York paper chasers in tow. Southside Jamaica Queens’ 50 Cent, Yonkers’ Jadakiss (they’re on the same track? Behold the power of ProTools) and fellow Brooklynite Fabolous all take the world back to the rebirth of battle rap with their guest verses. The one thing that could allow Red to touch even more paper, however, is if The Shakedown gets an official release date.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.