While Konvict Muzik label mates Dolla and Colby O’Donis enjoy their spots on the current Billboard Hot 100, Red Café is setting the rap scene on fire thanks to The Shakedown‘s first official single, Paper Touchin’. Anxious to make more of that paper, the Bed-Stuy native has released a remix with a few of his fellow New York paper chasers in tow. Southside Jamaica Queens’ 50 Cent, Yonkers’ Jadakiss (they’re on the same track? Behold the power of ProTools) and fellow Brooklynite Fabolous all take the world back to the rebirth of battle rap with their guest verses. The one thing that could allow Red to touch even more paper, however, is if The Shakedown gets an official release date.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.