While Konvict Muzik label mates Dolla and Colby O’Donis enjoy their spots on the current Billboard Hot 100, Red Café is setting the rap scene on fire thanks to The Shakedown‘s first official single, Paper Touchin’. Anxious to make more of that paper, the Bed-Stuy native has released a remix with a few of his fellow New York paper chasers in tow. Southside Jamaica Queens’ 50 Cent, Yonkers’ Jadakiss (they’re on the same track? Behold the power of ProTools) and fellow Brooklynite Fabolous all take the world back to the rebirth of battle rap with their guest verses. The one thing that could allow Red to touch even more paper, however, is if The Shakedown gets an official release date.
Written by Burmy on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.