When Red Cafe suffers from aches and pain, he doesn’t pop an Advil; he pops a bottle of bubbly. Then he makes love to a beautiful woman and buys something expensive, because why the hell not? On Champagne for the Pain, a freshly-released cut off his forthcoming free album, the BK street mainstay demonstrates how a real G responds to minor physical discomfort. Poston Beats sets the appropriate mood for a high-rolling street banger, layering springy synths over a bass-booming rhythm section as Cafe and trapper extraordinaire Young Jeezy chronicle an epic evening of debauchery. Are you gonna flip this one on in your ride next time you hit the town? If you answer in the affirmative, you can expect more bangers where this came from on free album American Psycho, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)