When Red Cafe suffers from aches and pain, he doesn’t pop an Advil; he pops a bottle of bubbly. Then he makes love to a beautiful woman and buys something expensive, because why the hell not? On Champagne for the Pain, a freshly-released cut off his forthcoming free album, the BK street mainstay demonstrates how a real G responds to minor physical discomfort. Poston Beats sets the appropriate mood for a high-rolling street banger, layering springy synths over a bass-booming rhythm section as Cafe and trapper extraordinaire Young Jeezy chronicle an epic evening of debauchery. Are you gonna flip this one on in your ride next time you hit the town? If you answer in the affirmative, you can expect more bangers where this came from on free album American Psycho, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.