When Red Cafe suffers from aches and pain, he doesn’t pop an Advil; he pops a bottle of bubbly. Then he makes love to a beautiful woman and buys something expensive, because why the hell not? On Champagne for the Pain, a freshly-released cut off his forthcoming free album, the BK street mainstay demonstrates how a real G responds to minor physical discomfort. Poston Beats sets the appropriate mood for a high-rolling street banger, layering springy synths over a bass-booming rhythm section as Cafe and trapper extraordinaire Young Jeezy chronicle an epic evening of debauchery. Are you gonna flip this one on in your ride next time you hit the town? If you answer in the affirmative, you can expect more bangers where this came from on free album American Psycho, scheduled for digital release in the near future.
Written by richard on 08/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Diddy Bop" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.