Back in April, Boothgoers proved that real does indeed Reckonize Real, awarding the aforementioned Queens beatsmith’s debut feature a stunning 4.8-star average rating. How could he possibly top that achievement, you ask? Simple: by creating a record that’s literally real Beyond all Recognition. To assist him in accomplishing that feat, Reck’s recruited a formidable lineup of guests; Boston mic-murderer REKS and EMS member Mayhem each unleash their most potent lyrical ammunition over the headliner’s chopped-sample beat, which comes complete with some masterful turntable work by ToneDeff CuTz. Frankly, the sheer dopeness on display here makes my head spin. I’m pretty sure that was the intended effect, so I’ll chalk this cut up as a success. For Beyond Recognition and many more bangers, cop Reckonize Real’s DOPAMINE LP when it drops October 29, via Real Deff Music Group/BoomBox Bullies.
Written by richard on 10/17/13
Real Deff Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Business" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.