Ah, Paid Bills... I don’t know about you guys, but I find few things more satisfying than dropping the check in the mailbox and knowing I’m paid in full for the month (Granted, I didn’t feel quite the same way when I was a broke college student, and paying the rent meant having to borrow money from roommates for
groceries). On this newly-released single, Booth newcomer Reason celebrates that feeling of satisfaction, and all the other little things that make life great, even if you are a little short on funds. Falside‘s sunny production, sampled from the intro to ‘60’s hitmaker Lee Dorsey’s Give It Up, sets a carefree mood as the Providence, Rhode Island rapper waxes poetic about good times spent drinking with friends, checking out pretty girls, and did I mention drinking? Needless to say, this optimistic jam should be the perfect accompaniment to the long summer days that are just a few short months away. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect to find plenty more refreshing cuts on Reason’s Landlords and Lullabies LP, set to hit store shelves and online retailers on April 6.
Written by richard on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
Poorly Drawn People
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.