Ah, Paid Bills... I don’t know about you guys, but I find few things more satisfying than dropping the check in the mailbox and knowing I’m paid in full for the month (Granted, I didn’t feel quite the same way when I was a broke college student, and paying the rent meant having to borrow money from roommates for
groceries). On this newly-released single, Booth newcomer Reason celebrates that feeling of satisfaction, and all the other little things that make life great, even if you are a little short on funds. Falside‘s sunny production, sampled from the intro to ‘60’s hitmaker Lee Dorsey’s Give It Up, sets a carefree mood as the Providence, Rhode Island rapper waxes poetic about good times spent drinking with friends, checking out pretty girls, and did I mention drinking? Needless to say, this optimistic jam should be the perfect accompaniment to the long summer days that are just a few short months away. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect to find plenty more refreshing cuts on Reason’s Landlords and Lullabies LP, set to hit store shelves and online retailers on April 6.
Written by richard on 03/18/10
Submit your Rating
Poorly Drawn People
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.