During the 2006—2007 “hip-hop is dead” phase, Houston native/Bronx preschooler/Orlando resident Reason was inspired to resuscitate the genre by blending it with various other musical sounds and styles. While he was able to land placement on the Madden NFL 07 soundtrack (becoming the first and only unsigned artist to do so), he failed to attract major attention, largely because he resided in a city known for its theme parks, not its music scene. Since Reason moved to Los Angeles, however, things have taken a 180-degree turn – with a brand new style and crowds of females pursuing him, he’s been living the Life of a Star! The artist showcases his versatility with a sung hook, but its producer THX steals the show, delivering an upbeat rock instrumental sure to catch the ears of the listening public and the label execs. Reason’s The Cool Graduate currently lacks a release date, but that’s only because a potential bidding war has yet to be settled. Keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest!
Written by Burmy on 09/15/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Stop Me" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.