Sometime around 1996, a small underground group formed in Chicago; composed of Kanye West, GLC, and Really Doe, the Go Getters released only one local album but, when Kanye made it big and started G.O.O.D. Music, he quickly signed his former groupmates. While GLC is still on G.O.O.D. Music, waiting to release his debut, Really Doe decided to jump over to marketing director Griffin Guess’ Cartel Records so he could drop his own solo set sooner. With his debut LP’s release later this month, the emcee will finally get to make his First Impressions on the listening public. On the LP’s newly-released third single, Really finds a woman for whom he’s willing to turn in his players’ card and commit. And why shouldn’t he? She’s too Marvelous to pass up! Featuring an uncredited gospel-style hook and a piano-percussion beat by Jaye Jeffers, this track is sure to get repeat spins from fans of the “classic ‘Ye sound.” If you fall into that category, you’re sure to find more to like on RD’s debut LP, out August 18th.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Plastic ft. Kanye West" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)