Sometime around 1996, a small underground group formed in Chicago; composed of Kanye West, GLC, and Really Doe, the Go Getters released only one local album but, when Kanye made it big and started G.O.O.D. Music, he quickly signed his former groupmates. While GLC is still on G.O.O.D. Music, waiting to release his debut, Really Doe decided to jump over to marketing director Griffin Guess’ Cartel Records so he could drop his own solo set sooner. With his debut LP’s release later this month, the emcee will finally get to make his First Impressions on the listening public. On the LP’s newly-released third single, Really finds a woman for whom he’s willing to turn in his players’ card and commit. And why shouldn’t he? She’s too Marvelous to pass up! Featuring an uncredited gospel-style hook and a piano-percussion beat by Jaye Jeffers, this track is sure to get repeat spins from fans of the “classic ‘Ye sound.” If you fall into that category, you’re sure to find more to like on RD’s debut LP, out August 18th.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Plastic ft. Kanye West" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.