Sometime around 1996, a small underground group formed in Chicago; composed of Kanye West, GLC, and Really Doe, the Go Getters released only one local album but, when Kanye made it big and started G.O.O.D. Music, he quickly signed his former groupmates. While GLC is still on G.O.O.D. Music, waiting to release his debut, Really Doe decided to jump over to marketing director Griffin Guess’ Cartel Records so he could drop his own solo set sooner. With his debut LP’s release later this month, the emcee will finally get to make his First Impressions on the listening public. On the LP’s newly-released third single, Really finds a woman for whom he’s willing to turn in his players’ card and commit. And why shouldn’t he? She’s too Marvelous to pass up! Featuring an uncredited gospel-style hook and a piano-percussion beat by Jaye Jeffers, this track is sure to get repeat spins from fans of the “classic ‘Ye sound.” If you fall into that category, you’re sure to find more to like on RD’s debut LP, out August 18th.
Written by Burmy on 08/13/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Plastic ft. Kanye West" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.