As we all know, rap lies outside the jurisdiction of ordinary semantic law: “bad” means excellent, “ill” means outstanding and “stupid” means, well, stupid – but in a good way. Similarly, when RE calls his girl “Nasty” on his latest mixtape leak, he’s simply celebrating his luck at having landed such a freak. (The good kind of freak, not the sideshow kind.) Back after nearly a year’s absence from our front page, the Cali representative details his sizzling sexual escapades with an adventurous female. Flowing over a slightly slowed-down rendition of a Ced L. Young instrumental from Masspike Miles’ joint of the same title, RE drops verses packed with kinky quotables: “She’s so professional / that’s my little Roxy Reynolds / ‘cause she always bring it back like she ridin’ in a rental.” Is this, as the artist himself speculates, a case of “too much info?” Perhaps – but it’s hard to complain when the record’s this catchy. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for further details on RE’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted street album, which currently lacks a title and release date.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.