As we all know, rap lies outside the jurisdiction of ordinary semantic law: “bad” means excellent, “ill” means outstanding and “stupid” means, well, stupid – but in a good way. Similarly, when RE calls his girl “Nasty” on his latest mixtape leak, he’s simply celebrating his luck at having landed such a freak. (The good kind of freak, not the sideshow kind.) Back after nearly a year’s absence from our front page, the Cali representative details his sizzling sexual escapades with an adventurous female. Flowing over a slightly slowed-down rendition of a Ced L. Young instrumental from Masspike Miles’ joint of the same title, RE drops verses packed with kinky quotables: “She’s so professional / that’s my little Roxy Reynolds / ‘cause she always bring it back like she ridin’ in a rental.” Is this, as the artist himself speculates, a case of “too much info?” Perhaps – but it’s hard to complain when the record’s this catchy. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for further details on RE’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted street album, which currently lacks a title and release date.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.