As we all know, rap lies outside the jurisdiction of ordinary semantic law: “bad” means excellent, “ill” means outstanding and “stupid” means, well, stupid – but in a good way. Similarly, when RE calls his girl “Nasty” on his latest mixtape leak, he’s simply celebrating his luck at having landed such a freak. (The good kind of freak, not the sideshow kind.) Back after nearly a year’s absence from our front page, the Cali representative details his sizzling sexual escapades with an adventurous female. Flowing over a slightly slowed-down rendition of a Ced L. Young instrumental from Masspike Miles’ joint of the same title, RE drops verses packed with kinky quotables: “She’s so professional / that’s my little Roxy Reynolds / ‘cause she always bring it back like she ridin’ in a rental.” Is this, as the artist himself speculates, a case of “too much info?” Perhaps – but it’s hard to complain when the record’s this catchy. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for further details on RE’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted street album, which currently lacks a title and release date.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.