As we all know, rap lies outside the jurisdiction of ordinary semantic law: “bad” means excellent, “ill” means outstanding and “stupid” means, well, stupid – but in a good way. Similarly, when RE calls his girl “Nasty” on his latest mixtape leak, he’s simply celebrating his luck at having landed such a freak. (The good kind of freak, not the sideshow kind.) Back after nearly a year’s absence from our front page, the Cali representative details his sizzling sexual escapades with an adventurous female. Flowing over a slightly slowed-down rendition of a Ced L. Young instrumental from Masspike Miles’ joint of the same title, RE drops verses packed with kinky quotables: “She’s so professional / that’s my little Roxy Reynolds / ‘cause she always bring it back like she ridin’ in a rental.” Is this, as the artist himself speculates, a case of “too much info?” Perhaps – but it’s hard to complain when the record’s this catchy. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for further details on RE’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted street album, which currently lacks a title and release date.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.