As we all know, rap lies outside the jurisdiction of ordinary semantic law: “bad” means excellent, “ill” means outstanding and “stupid” means, well, stupid – but in a good way. Similarly, when RE calls his girl “Nasty” on his latest mixtape leak, he’s simply celebrating his luck at having landed such a freak. (The good kind of freak, not the sideshow kind.) Back after nearly a year’s absence from our front page, the Cali representative details his sizzling sexual escapades with an adventurous female. Flowing over a slightly slowed-down rendition of a Ced L. Young instrumental from Masspike Miles’ joint of the same title, RE drops verses packed with kinky quotables: “She’s so professional / that’s my little Roxy Reynolds / ‘cause she always bring it back like she ridin’ in a rental.” Is this, as the artist himself speculates, a case of “too much info?” Perhaps – but it’s hard to complain when the record’s this catchy. If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked for further details on RE’s forthcoming, Booth-hosted street album, which currently lacks a title and release date.
Written by richard on 03/13/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)