As song titles go, Leave Me Alone isn’t exactly what you’d call welcoming. Which is a shame because, if you take RC & The Gritz’ advice at face value and pass their latest single by, you’ll be missing out on something special. The follow-up to reader-approved debut feature That Kind of Girl, this joint continues in its predecessor’s mellow, breezy footsteps. The Texan live-band ensemble’s leisurely, arpeggiated bassline and jazzy keys back vocals from RC’s frequent touring companion, neo-soul songstress Erykah Badu. Has this effortlessly smooth cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on their Pay Your Tab LP, available now for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.