As song titles go, Leave Me Alone isn’t exactly what you’d call welcoming. Which is a shame because, if you take RC & The Gritz’ advice at face value and pass their latest single by, you’ll be missing out on something special. The follow-up to reader-approved debut feature That Kind of Girl, this joint continues in its predecessor’s mellow, breezy footsteps. The Texan live-band ensemble’s leisurely, arpeggiated bassline and jazzy keys back vocals from RC’s frequent touring companion, neo-soul songstress Erykah Badu. Has this effortlessly smooth cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on their Pay Your Tab LP, available now for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.