As song titles go, Leave Me Alone isn’t exactly what you’d call welcoming. Which is a shame because, if you take RC & The Gritz’ advice at face value and pass their latest single by, you’ll be missing out on something special. The follow-up to reader-approved debut feature That Kind of Girl, this joint continues in its predecessor’s mellow, breezy footsteps. The Texan live-band ensemble’s leisurely, arpeggiated bassline and jazzy keys back vocals from RC’s frequent touring companion, neo-soul songstress Erykah Badu. Has this effortlessly smooth cut left you craving more? You’ll find what you seek on their Pay Your Tab LP, available now for digital purchase via iTunes.
Written by richard on 11/27/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.