“Commitment” is a word that inspires… well, I won’t say “most,” but many men to run for the hills. Rising R&B star Razah, on the other hand, is a dude who knows the value of standing by a woman through thick and thin; as he demonstrates on new promo single Try, he’s not the type to let love go without a fight. Heavyweight producer Eric Hudson mans the boards, cooking up a not-remotely-groundbreaking-but-still-damn-catchy, keyboard-led instrumental as the singer pleads with his girl to give their relationship just one more chance: “We gotta make this work, I told you baby, we gotta fight.” To top it all off, an unknown axe-slinger steps in to do a little shredding on the back end; this may not be the type of song that screams out for a climatic guitar solo but I can’t front; it sounds pretty dope to me. How about it, Booth readers: will this promo cut get Razah the label attention he so richly deserves? If you’re digging it, you can look forward to the debut of the single’s official video accompaniment on December 29 (also the artist’s birthday, in case you were planning on sending a card).
Written by richard on 11/30/10
Submit your Rating
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.