When he introduced himself to the Booth with Rain back in November of ‘07, Razah had just inked a deal with Def Jam and was preparing to drop his self-titled debut later that year. Less than a year later, the Jamaica/Brooklyn representative realized that he wasn’t feeling comfortable with the direction the label wanted him to go, so now he’s enjoying free agent status while waiting for someone to come along with a better deal. In the meantime, he’s sent the Booth a previously-unreleased track that might help that new contract come sooner than later. Enjoying a night out at his favorite club, Razah asks the DJ to stay cool and Let The Music Play as he puts the moves on a willing shorty. Complete with a high-energy beat by Info, Let The Music Play is sure to inspire similar scenarios anywhere it gets rotation—if any label execs happen to be in attendance, a bidding war may even break out on the spot!
Written by Burmy on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.