When he introduced himself to the Booth with Rain back in November of ‘07, Razah had just inked a deal with Def Jam and was preparing to drop his self-titled debut later that year. Less than a year later, the Jamaica/Brooklyn representative realized that he wasn’t feeling comfortable with the direction the label wanted him to go, so now he’s enjoying free agent status while waiting for someone to come along with a better deal. In the meantime, he’s sent the Booth a previously-unreleased track that might help that new contract come sooner than later. Enjoying a night out at his favorite club, Razah asks the DJ to stay cool and Let The Music Play as he puts the moves on a willing shorty. Complete with a high-energy beat by Info, Let The Music Play is sure to inspire similar scenarios anywhere it gets rotation—if any label execs happen to be in attendance, a bidding war may even break out on the spot!
Written by Burmy on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.