Last December, when St. Andrews, Jamaica-born, Brooklyn-raised singer Razah jumped inside our DJBooth for an exclusive interview, he spoke excitedly of his impending debut, A Breath of Fresh Air, which was supposed to be released last March via Def Jam. After being delayed multiples times, however, the project completely disappeared from the label’s release calendar and Razah remained quiet about his situation… until now. In a message on his MySpace blog last week, he explained that Def Jam tried to “make me something that I’m not.” As news spread of his current free agent status, a previously recorded collaboration with Bun B and Rick Ross, entitled King of the World, made its way onto the net. Produced by The Heatmakers, the track showcases Razah’s vocal talents as well as the pop influence of his former label.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/08
Submit your Rating
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.