Damn, I miss Cops. There was nothing quite like that watching that shaky camera chase a toothless dude wearing one flip-flop who decided to run when the flashing lights pulled up. While topically Razah’s latest offering Bad Girls doesn’t share those exact sentiments, Cops viewers will undoubtedly recognize the show’s classic theme song as the inspiration for the sugary single’s hook (and title). Propelled by some sparkling boardwork from Waleezy, who crafts an instantly addictive light synth beat, it’s Razah’s Jamaican tinged vocals that truly give the track energy; and it doesn’t hurt that every guy listening will be able to relate to Razah’s search for a female companion who’s the opposite of good. Will Bad Girls be as highly rated as Razah’s last offering Higher, or will the track’s climb to the top be arrested now? We’ll find out soon. Having left Def Jam, Razah will be going the indie route this summer when he drops his upcoming album iamRazah. Sing it with me people: “What you gonna do, what you gonna do…”
Written by Nathan S. on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label