Damn, I miss Cops. There was nothing quite like that watching that shaky camera chase a toothless dude wearing one flip-flop who decided to run when the flashing lights pulled up. While topically Razah’s latest offering Bad Girls doesn’t share those exact sentiments, Cops viewers will undoubtedly recognize the show’s classic theme song as the inspiration for the sugary single’s hook (and title). Propelled by some sparkling boardwork from Waleezy, who crafts an instantly addictive light synth beat, it’s Razah’s Jamaican tinged vocals that truly give the track energy; and it doesn’t hurt that every guy listening will be able to relate to Razah’s search for a female companion who’s the opposite of good. Will Bad Girls be as highly rated as Razah’s last offering Higher, or will the track’s climb to the top be arrested now? We’ll find out soon. Having left Def Jam, Razah will be going the indie route this summer when he drops his upcoming album iamRazah. Sing it with me people: “What you gonna do, what you gonna do…”
Written by Nathan S. on 02/25/10
Submit your Rating
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.