Damn, I miss Cops. There was nothing quite like that watching that shaky camera chase a toothless dude wearing one flip-flop who decided to run when the flashing lights pulled up. While topically Razah’s latest offering Bad Girls doesn’t share those exact sentiments, Cops viewers will undoubtedly recognize the show’s classic theme song as the inspiration for the sugary single’s hook (and title). Propelled by some sparkling boardwork from Waleezy, who crafts an instantly addictive light synth beat, it’s Razah’s Jamaican tinged vocals that truly give the track energy; and it doesn’t hurt that every guy listening will be able to relate to Razah’s search for a female companion who’s the opposite of good. Will Bad Girls be as highly rated as Razah’s last offering Higher, or will the track’s climb to the top be arrested now? We’ll find out soon. Having left Def Jam, Razah will be going the indie route this summer when he drops his upcoming album iamRazah. Sing it with me people: “What you gonna do, what you gonna do…”
Listen to More: Razah
Written by Nathan S. on 02/25/10
Just Us Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Life Is A Movie (Remix) ft. Various" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.