Fresh off dazzling Boothgoers with video single Don’t Shine, Emerald City fast-riser Raz Simone makes his return to our pages with another fresh cut off his next street album. Here, the 300 signee forgoes the first-mentioned jam’s sweeping, cinematic vibes to offer a more gritty, down-to-earth perspective on his hustle. After an opening verse in which he revisits his experiences on the block, he snaps back to the present to address his ambitions in the music game. The instrumental, produced by the artist in conjunction with Jack Crocker, subtly shifts gears to match the lyrical mood. Ariana DeBoo lends her vocals to the hook. An official video, co-directed by Raz Simone and Andrew Imanaka, rounds out the package. Cognitive Dissonance: Part 1 currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 02/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.