Fresh off dazzling Boothgoers with video single Don’t Shine, Emerald City fast-riser Raz Simone makes his return to our pages with another fresh cut off his next street album. Here, the 300 signee forgoes the first-mentioned jam’s sweeping, cinematic vibes to offer a more gritty, down-to-earth perspective on his hustle. After an opening verse in which he revisits his experiences on the block, he snaps back to the present to address his ambitions in the music game. The instrumental, produced by the artist in conjunction with Jack Crocker, subtly shifts gears to match the lyrical mood. Ariana DeBoo lends her vocals to the hook. An official video, co-directed by Raz Simone and Andrew Imanaka, rounds out the package. Cognitive Dissonance: Part 1 currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.