I’ll let y’all in on a little secret: I have a nasty habit of letting people’s names slip my mind literally milliseconds after I’m introduced. If I don’t catch myself and ask you to repeat it immediately, odds are I’ll be quizzing a mutual friend as soon as your back’s turned. Cali buzzmaker Rayven Justice suffers from a similar ailment, as he reveals on new single Forgot Yo Name, but it only seems to come into play when he’s tipsy at the club, talking to a shawty he’d like to bring home (along with her friend) at the end of the night. Over Chrishan‘s minimal club boardwork, he urges the girl in question to overlook his lack of manners in light of the racks he’s willing to spend on her. Joe Moses grabs the mic to spit a freaky 16 on the back end. For material just like Forgot Your Name, cop the indie crooner’s I Have a Dream EP, released to the iTunes last week.
Written by richard on 08/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.