Listen: no matter how bad you want it, producer Ray West and veteran emcee OC‘s new collaborative album won’t be out until next Tuesday… sorry! Here’s what I can do for you, though: on Monday (January 20) The DJBooth will have a full stream of Ray’s Cafe exclusively for your earholes. To sweeten the deal, how about we premiere standout cut YMI? Sound good? Of course it does, because whenever someone samples Electric Light Orchestra, the result is a stellar jam. Ray West takes Wishing and sprawls it out over a powerful bassline with some crisp drums. OC (of D.I.T.C.) handles mic duties, lacing West’s exquisite boardwork with his emphatic, powerful flow. His inspirational bars will have you back on your feet in no time. Be sure to visit the Booth next Monday for our stream of the album!
Written by Lucas G. on 01/15/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.