Some, like your friends in The DJBooth (#notsohumblebrag) or Sean Ross, who produced this vibrant cut, have a keen ear for a talent. Ross has worked with Booth favorites Yonas and K. Sparks, so you just know his latest partner-in-crime is going to be a mic-murderer of the highest caliber. A Seattle newcomer looking to become a Booth favorite, Ray Myles introduces listeners to his exuberant, intoxicating style on Don’t Be Afraid. Ross cooks up a cascading, ebullient beat whose distinct pop/electronic vibe is sure to keep the dancefloor packed. Atop the beat, Myles underscores the record’s party-ready mood with exuberant verses and a smooth, sung hook. This record is part of Myles’ FlopHouse EP, scheduled for digital release July 18.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.