It’s been a minute since last we heard from Ray Lavender, but don’t get it twisted; he hasn’t been sleeping on the job – or sleeping at all. Instead, the now-independent singer’s been spending his nights hard at work on field research for his next album. In other words, he’s been getting it in, a lot – and on new single I Love It, he tells us all about it. Lavender kicks this cut off with an ad-lib reminiscent of a certain “Radio Killa” and, sure enough, the joint unfolds in a distinctly Dream-esque manner; over producers Dave and Gary Bowman‘s glossy synth instrumental, the artist lets us all in on his bedroom secrets, crooning about the techniques he uses to drive his girl up the wall, and vice-versa. While the singer’s parted ways with Konvict, this pop-appealing joint suggests it’ll only be a matter of time before he finds his way to greener pastures. If you’re digging it, keep it locked to you-know-where for the latest on Ray Lavender’s forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive a title or a solid release date.
Written by richard on 08/26/10
Submit your Rating
Global Artist Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"My Girl Got A Girlfriend (Remix) ft. Fabolous & Red Cafe" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.